Saturday, December 21, 2013

A NEW START

 
I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning. -J. B. Priestly
 
 
When Paul was first told that the blood condition he had lived with for so many years had reversed and he then had leukaemia, we decided to make the most of the time we had and yes in many ways that last year had some very special monuments, and with together time being number 1 importance this blog was left to sit.  I have come through the first year of flying solo and adjusted to changes of life style, completed 5 years with the stitching friends group ( and plan to go on)  and I guess I was looking for a new challenge, when a request to my main blog Notes from under the Mountain for a tutorial on how to do the covered tape measurers came from. Akila ( of Mostly cross stitch and some more blog)
 
 
 
 
 
I have shared a few here's how in the past but as yet no blog tutorials so I am taking up the challenge.
 A little time will be needed to take photos but I will be back soon with a " here's how" tutorial for the covered tape measurers

 
Meanwhile may I introduce one of our tiny native birds this is the North Island Tomtit. or Miromiro, This wee bird is 5inches in length and I had the delight in watching some while sitting by Lake Rotakare last Sunday.  The bird embroidery was stitched about 10 years ago . I have made a new signature for this blog and have use a tomtit on it but as yet have to find a way to reduce it further.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I would love a tutorial on your covered tape measures...your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking froward to learning how to cover a tape measure. I enjoy your tutorials when you post them. Love the Tomtit bird you stitched. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bird is gorgeous! I am blessed to own one of your bunny tape measures. =)

    ReplyDelete